Thursday, December 9, 2010

1) What I learned

For the most part, I generally learned very useful critical thinking terms. Some terms were things I were really familiar of but I never actually were very aware of them. For example, the types of reasonings, such as reasoning by analogies, or the fallacies, such as proof substitute, were things I noticed using a lot before taking this class.

I also liked the section about strong or valid arguments because it actually went into detail on what arguments are actually good and what are bad. After learning that section, I had a better feel about my arguments. I even gained more skills in evaluating thoughts made by other people and were able to notice whether their arguments were good, bad, or valid.

We also learned more about group communication. I actually liked the concepts in the group communication book because it helped me become more aware of what actually makes a good group. There were some things, such as interdependence, that I was aware of but did not really put that much thought of the importance until reading this book. The section about norms was actually something I could relate too and I liked reading that section as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment